The Journey That Taught Me Life 25 August 2026

 


The Journey That Taught Me Life 25 August 2026

25 August 2026

Another day. Another train. Another story.

On 25 August 2026, my daily train journey began again.

I woke up early and prepared myself for another day in Guwahati. At around 6:00 AM, I boarded the Mairabari–Guwahati Passenger (55604) from Haibargaon Railway Station.

Unlike the previous few days, the morning felt bright and fresh. Sunlight accompanied me as the train moved towards Guwahati.

But that morning, I noticed that my train was running late.

I didn't want to reach the university too late, so I decided to find another way.

I opened Google Play Store and downloaded a train-tracking app. I checked the trains running from Chaparmukh Junction (CPK) and found the Kamrup Express (15960), travelling from Dibrugarh towards Howrah.

That gave me an idea.

When we reached Chaparmukh, we got down from the passenger train and waited for the express.

After some time, the Kamrup Express arrived.

We boarded it.

The difference was immediately noticeable.

The express train was much faster than the passenger train. In roughly 55 minutes, we reached Guwahati.

I arrived at around 8:10 AM.

My class would not begin until 10:00 AM, so I had plenty of time.

Instead of waiting at the station, I decided to walk from Guwahati Railway Station towards my university.

That walk became an unexpected little adventure.

As I walked through the city, I noticed many food shops, markets, small businesses, and people beginning their daily routines.

The city was waking up.

There was something beautiful about seeing Guwahati on foot rather than simply passing through it on a train or bus.

I eventually reached the university and attended my classes from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM.

After class, I began my journey home.

At around 4:44 PM, I boarded the Guwahati–Silghat Town DEMU (75729).

The return journey started normally.

But somewhere around Thakurkuchi Railway Station, I witnessed something that disturbed me.

I saw a man inside the train who appeared to be in an unconscious and extremely weak condition. Some people around him said that he had consumed something that had been given to him while travelling.

I don't know exactly what the substance was or what had happened before I saw him. But the man's condition looked frightening.

For a moment, I genuinely thought that something very serious might happen to him.

People tried to help.

He was given lemonade and some basic medical assistance, and gradually he seemed to become calmer.

Watching the whole situation made me think about how vulnerable we can become while travelling.

A train journey often means trusting our surroundings and sometimes even strangers. But that day reminded me that we have to be careful about what we eat or drink during a journey, especially when it is offered by someone we don't know.

Not every stranger has bad intentions, but we should never take unnecessary risks with our safety.

The incident stayed in my mind for the rest of the journey.

The train continued towards Nagaon, and by around 8:00 PM, I reached home.

That day had begun with sunlight, a new train, and a small adventure through the streets of Guwahati.

But it ended with a serious reminder.

Every journey teaches us something.

Some journeys teach us about places.

Some teach us about people.

And some teach us about ourselves and the importance of being careful.

On 25 August, I learned all three.