“The Journey That Taught Me Life.”
19 August 2026
I woke up early again, around 5:00 AM.
After yesterday's journey by train, I decided that today I would travel by bus. I wanted to experience the journey in a different way and see what the road would show me.
My journey began around 8:00 AM from Nagaon A.S.T.C. I boarded a BharatBenz bus heading towards Guwahati.
The bus was fully air-conditioned and quite comfortable. My seat number was 20, and the bus was already full of passengers. Everyone seemed to have their own destination, their own work, and their own reason for being there.
The seat beside mine was seat number 19, where a girl was sitting. From her appearance, I guessed that she might be a school student. I didn't know anything about her, and we didn't speak. Still, somehow, I became aware of the people around me and started observing them.
As the bus moved along the road, I noticed something interesting.
The passengers on a bus seemed different from the passengers I had seen on the train the previous day.
Maybe it was the environment.
Maybe it was the purpose of their journeys.
On the bus, I could see different kinds of people—students, teachers, office workers, and people travelling to Guwahati every day for their jobs and responsibilities.
Everyone was going somewhere.
Everyone seemed to have a different story.
Some were probably travelling to study. Some were going to teach. Some were going to offices. Some were perhaps returning home after finishing their work.
Sitting quietly in my seat, I started thinking about how many different lives can exist inside the same bus.
We were all travelling on the same road, but each person was carrying a completely different life with them.
The bus was running late, though, and because of that, I finally reached my university at around 11:00 AM.
Unfortunately, I missed my first class.
I was a little disappointed, but there was nothing I could do. I attended the classes that followed and stayed at the university until around 2:00 PM.
After that, it was time to go home.
For the return journey, I took the B.G. Express (15666) from Guwahati.
Yesterday, I had travelled by train to begin a new chapter.
Today, I travelled by bus and then returned by train.
Two different days. Two different ways of travelling.
But both journeys reminded me of something I often forget:
Every person we pass has a life of their own.
On a train, on a bus, on a road, or inside a classroom, we meet hundreds of people without ever knowing their stories.
Perhaps that is one of the most beautiful things about travelling.
We may share the same journey for a few hours, but everyone is travelling through a completely different chapter of life.

Social Plugin