The Journey That Taught Me Life.

 


The Journey That Taught Me Life.

18 August 2026

I woke up at 4:00 in the morning.

It was still dark outside. The world was quiet, but something inside me felt different. That morning, I wasn't simply waking up to another ordinary day. I felt as if I was waking up to a new life—with new thoughts, new motivation, and a new journey ahead of me.

My destination was Guwahati.

I got ready and made my way to Haibargaon Railway Station. At 5:44 AM, I boarded the Mairabari Passenger (55604). As the train slowly began its journey towards Guwahati, I sat there thinking about what was waiting for me.

That day was the beginning of something important.

I was going to Mahapurusha Srimanta Sankaradeva Viswavidyalaya for my first LLM class and orientation programme.

The journey itself felt different. I was carrying not just my bag, but also my expectations, dreams, nervousness, and a little excitement about what the future might bring.

When I finally entered Classroom No. 2, I realized that I was late.

There were around 20–25 students already inside.

The moment I entered the room and took my seat, I noticed everyone looking at me. Their eyes followed my movements for a moment. It was a small thing, perhaps something ordinary for everyone else, but for me, it felt different.

It was a new environment, new people, and a new version of myself.

I knew that I would remember that moment.

Soon, our LLM first-semester class was combined with the BALLB first-year students. The teachers asked everyone to introduce themselves to one another. Introduction programmes are common, and normally there is nothing particularly special about them.

But that day, something caught my attention.

The teachers started an interesting little game to understand how much we could remember. They wanted to see how many students could remember the names of the other students.

It was simple, but it made the classroom lively. Slowly, strangers began becoming familiar faces.

The classes continued until around 1:00 PM.

Eventually, it was time for me to return home.

I boarded the 15665 BG Express from Guwahati towards Chaparmukh Junction. From there, I took a tempo for the rest of my journey home.

I thought the most memorable part of my day had already happened.

I was wrong.

While I was on my way home, something happened that I will probably never forget.

Right in front of my eyes, I witnessed a terrible road accident.

A truck struck a cyclist.

For a moment, everything seemed to stop.

I saw blood on the road and parts of the person's body scattered around. The scene was shocking, disturbing, and difficult to process. I had never expected that an ordinary journey home would turn into an encounter with something so painful and real.

That morning, I had woken up thinking about a new life.

I had started my journey with dreams, motivation, education, and hope for the future.

And by the end of that same day, life had shown me its other side.

That day, I understood something I had never truly understood before:

Life is fragile.

We make plans for tomorrow. We think about our careers, our dreams, our ambitions, and the people we will become. We worry about small things and sometimes forget how precious it is simply to be alive.

The person I saw on the road that day may also have had plans.

Perhaps he had somewhere to go.

Perhaps someone was waiting for him at home.

Perhaps he had dreams for tomorrow.

But suddenly, there was no tomorrow.

I came home that evening carrying more than the memories of my first LLM class.

I came home with a different understanding of life.

18 August 2026 was supposed to be the first day of a new chapter in my education.

Instead, it became something more.

It became the day I began a new journey in life—and the day life reminded me how quickly everything can change.

That day, I learned that life is not guaranteed. It is a journey, and every ordinary moment may be more precious than we realize.